Ways to Use
- Caller I.D. for your front door! Place the XCam2 on your front porch, or pointing out a window, and see who is visiting you before they knock!
- Keep an eye on baby! An XCam2 in the nursery allows you to check on sleeping infants without waking them.
- Domestic surveillance! Use the XCam2 anywhere you need an extra set of eyes - the backyard, driveway, pool, children's rooms, etc.
- Small business surveillance! Catch the robbers on tape!
- Create a webcam feed using your computer's video input and video capture! With XRay Vision you can even keep an eye on contractors and housecleaners while you're at work.
- Attention Hobbyists! Mount them on your model trains or radio-controlled airplanes and cars and see things from a whole new perspective!
- BirdCam! HorseCam! CatCam! Keep an eye on animals without disturbing them.
- Record high-tech "video greeting cards" to send your well-wishes to relatives at Christmas or other happy holiday times!
- Record "how to" videos for friends making millennium quilts or other craft projects!
- Make your own "Blair Witch Project" documentary ...in your own house!
- Need more ideas? Visit the X10-Zone for dozens of unique ideas, straight from our customers!
** Real Customer feedback on how they use the XCam2 **
|Protecting Loved Ones
While I'm at work a visiting nurse helps take care of my grandfather. I eventually found out she was verbally abusing him. I purchased an XCam2 & VCR Commander and now can record what happens while I'm gone. I can't begin to explain how much more at ease I am about going back to work! --April Burgess
Last month our pharmacy was broken into, robbed, and vandalized. Ironically, the owner of a home that sits directly across our parking lot was using an X10 camera to monitor for vandalism. Compliments of his VCR Commander II, he had our entire robbery caught on tape----including a color picture of the thief and his vehicle!! Needless to say, we now have a huge variety of X10 based security cameras & gadgets throughout our building. Many thanks X10!! --Shaun C. Stoffel
Watching Over Horses
I have mares giving birth in the middle of the night. If I get up and go out to check them, they get disturbed and may even stop their labor, but I need to check them hourly. I bought one of the XCam2 systems, and mounted it in the foaling barn. Now all I have to do is turn on the TV, and I can keep round the clock monitoring on my mares. I can instantly see if there are any problems, or if they are just sleeping. Thank you so much for your products. --Dana Taylor
| Model Railroading with a Twist
I am a model railroader and built a special car yesterday by modifying an XCam2 and battery pack. I mounted it on a low clearance car and it just barely goes through the tunnels. My wife and kids sat for 30 minutes watching the video, as if riding the train crossing bridges and going through tunnels. Thanks for a great product! --Kevin Coleman
Watch Our Home's Progress
When we decided to build a log home, we didn't want to miss a thing. So we hooked two XCam2s to two video capture cards, made a deal with our web host, and now we send a snapshot to our host's server every three to five seconds. He in turn serves out hundreds of streams every day of our log home being built live via the Internet. Our Live Log Home XCam2 shots have been viewed from the four corners of the United States, to Romania, Sweden, South Africa, and many other far away locations. They are veiwed by shut-in parents, old and new friends, and log home enthusiasts everywhere. Thanks X10 for giving us a way to see our dream home being built! --Marietta R. Walker
As a father of three, one boy and two girls , XCam2 allows me to keep an eye on the infant while she's napping, and it allows us to make sure that there isn't anything "un-cool" happening out of our sight. -- Geordon Vantassle